I'll be on stage again soon...
Well, God has confirmed a month of auditions with at least one show lined up for the summer. I'll find out on Saturday about Fiddler on the Roof and possibly soon about City of Angels, but for now - I've found out that I'll be in Kiss Me Kate at the Garland Summer Musicals. They are a great company and produce some really good shows each year, so I'm blessed with the opportunity to be among them.
It was an interesting audition. I went for the dance call and ended up being taught the routine with only 6 other people. The previous 185 were taught it an hour earlier to get everyone who was auditioning for two musicals finished sooner. (I was only able to do the second one.) At first, I was bummed but soon realized that I was auditioning the entire time I was there since the group was small enough for the choreographer to watch us learn the routine. At one point, she even commented on one move I made saying, "Yes, 186 - that exactly how everyone needs to do it!"
Afterwards, I heard from a friend helping with the choreography that the director and choreographer loved my dancing and hence, I was cast as Ensemble / Chorus Dancer.
While I am excited, I'm a little concerned how much dancing skills that expect of me, since I've never taken a dancing class in my life.
But it just goes to show, God is in control and He was the one who put me there.
The show opens July 21st and runs through the 30th! Don't worry I'll remind you again before it opens, unless I'm ruining the show with my presence...then you'll never hear of this again!
It was an interesting audition. I went for the dance call and ended up being taught the routine with only 6 other people. The previous 185 were taught it an hour earlier to get everyone who was auditioning for two musicals finished sooner. (I was only able to do the second one.) At first, I was bummed but soon realized that I was auditioning the entire time I was there since the group was small enough for the choreographer to watch us learn the routine. At one point, she even commented on one move I made saying, "Yes, 186 - that exactly how everyone needs to do it!"
Afterwards, I heard from a friend helping with the choreography that the director and choreographer loved my dancing and hence, I was cast as Ensemble / Chorus Dancer.
While I am excited, I'm a little concerned how much dancing skills that expect of me, since I've never taken a dancing class in my life.
But it just goes to show, God is in control and He was the one who put me there.
The show opens July 21st and runs through the 30th! Don't worry I'll remind you again before it opens, unless I'm ruining the show with my presence...then you'll never hear of this again!
1 Comments:
congratulations!
no matter your personal evaluation, you've got to let us know when your show will be so that we can enjoy it for ourselves!
Post a Comment
<< Home